Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee
The Federation focuses its attention on three areas:
1) Preserving the Jewish heritage through cultural, educational and social programming.
2) Providing help for those in need by bringing sustenance, shelter, help and empowerment to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of the community.
3) Protecting the people of Israel and countries around the world by connecting our local community with Jews worldwide and funding human service and educational programs in 60+ countries.
Our Facebook Page Policy:
Our Facebook page is a place to communicate on topics related to our organization and community. It is our home on Facebook, and while we value an open exchange of ideas, we do maintain a few guidelines to make sure that we are able to assist people with questions and issues quickly and efficiently.
We reserve the right to delete or mark as spam any and all comments that are not topical, are abusive, or repetitive. We also have the right to block access to any one from posting to this Facebook Page.
• While this is an open forum, it’s also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean and respectful. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. If you don’t comply, your message will be removed.
• We will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing images and/or language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
• We will not allow comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
• We will not allow comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
• We will not allow comments that promote or advertise a person or a business or commercial transaction.
• We will not allow the same content to be posted multiple times. Any subsequent posting of substantially identical information will be deleted, and the person posting it may be banned.
• We will not allow comments that promote or oppose any political cause, advocacy, or campaign. This is a business page, and any such posts will be deleted, and the person posting it may be banned.
• We will not allow comments or posts that disclose personal information.
• You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Opinions expressed in public comments do not necessarily reflect official positions of the organization.
Any information posted here is considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation or disclosure to third parties.